Acute Stroke (Online)
The AHA’s Acute Stroke Online Course has been updated to reflect the updated AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This web-based, interactive course provides training on the symptoms, diagnosis and management of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and complications of stroke. Course content is based on information from the AHA’s ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text, covering treatment from the field to the emergency department, as well as critical care and rehabilitation. This text has been adapted to an independent study activity to make this resource available to a wider audience of health professionals.
Acute Stroke Online meets Joint Commission requirements.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
Geared toward the experienced healthcare provider, this course is ideal for in-hospital, out-of-hospital and any healthcare provider who wants to improve his or her knowledge of stroke treatment.
- Self-paced learning; course accessible 24/7
- Access to course for 12 months from activation, allowing students to conveniently refresh knowledge
- Certificate of completion provided
- Continuing education credits available
- Stroke Chain of Survival
- 8 D’s of stroke care
- Definitions of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Stroke risk factors, recognition and management
- Transition to critical care and rehabilitation
- 90-1425 Acute Stroke Online Course Key Code
- This self-paced, interactive course requires participants to complete 10 checkpoint exercises with review questions before accessing the online course test to demonstrate cognitive knowledge.
- Acute Stroke Online takes approximately two hours to complete.
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key and classroom-based skills assessment
- Initial (first-time) Providers: $60 (Access Key)
- Renewing Providers: $55 (Access Key)
A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of this course; this course does not offer an AHA course completion card.
- ACCME/AMA (Physicians) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
- ANCC (Nurses) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
- CECBEMS (EMS Practitioners) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physician Assistants
- AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA
- Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.50 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Nurses
- The American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.50 contact hours. Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the American Heart Association or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
- This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 1.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 13-AMHA-F3-0172.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a 90-1425 Acute Stroke Online Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the ACLS course online at www.onlineaha.org, print out your online course completion certificate for your records.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
Sign Up Here: