Acute Stroke (Online)
The AHA’s Acute Stroke Online Course has been updated to reflect the updated AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This web-based, interactive course provides training on the symptoms, diagnosis and management of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and complications of stroke. Course content is based on information from the AHA’s ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text, covering treatment from the field to the emergency department, as well as critical care and rehabilitation. This text has been adapted to an independent study activity to make this resource available to a wider audience of health professionals.
Acute Stroke Online meets Joint Commission requirements.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
Geared toward the experienced healthcare provider, this course is ideal for in-hospital, out-of-hospital and any healthcare provider who wants to improve his or her knowledge of stroke treatment.
- Self-paced learning; course accessible 24/7
- Access to course for 12 months from activation, allowing students to conveniently refresh knowledge
- Certificate of completion provided
- Continuing education credits available
- Stroke Chain of Survival
- 8 D’s of stroke care
- Definitions of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Stroke risk factors, recognition and management
- Transition to critical care and rehabilitation
- 90-1425 Acute Stroke Online Course Key Code
- This self-paced, interactive course requires participants to complete 10 checkpoint exercises with review questions before accessing the online course test to demonstrate cognitive knowledge.
- Acute Stroke Online takes approximately two hours to complete.
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key and classroom-based skills assessment
- Initial (first-time) Providers: $60 (Access Key)
- Renewing Providers: $55 (Access Key)
A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of this course; this course does not offer an AHA course completion card.
- ACCME/AMA (Physicians) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
- ANCC (Nurses) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
- CECBEMS (EMS Practitioners) – January 23, 2013 – January 22, 2016
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physician Assistants
- AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA
- Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 1.50 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Nurses
- The American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.50 contact hours. Accredited status does not imply endorsement by the American Heart Association or the American Nurses Credentialing Center of any commercial products displayed in conjunction with an activity.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
- This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 1.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 13-AMHA-F3-0172.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a 90-1425 Acute Stroke Online Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the ACLS course online at www.onlineaha.org, print out your online course completion certificate for your records.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
Sign Up Here:
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.