HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1) And Skills Tests
HeartCode® Basic Life Support (Online Part 1) is a web-based, self-paced instructional program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning.
The American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (Online Part 1) Course is web-based, accessible 24 hours a day, and provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
After completing the cognitive portion of the course, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor or on a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system. Upon successful completion of the cognitive and skills tests, students receive a course completion card.
Skills sessions can be sold separately or, more commonly, with a bundle package.
- This program is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative (non-classroom) method for completing an initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course.
- 14 BLS video lessons and two video tutorials
- Updated science-based content
- Interactive adult, child and infant cases presented through eSimulation technology
- Debriefing and corrective actions provided after each simulation case
- Access to course for 2 years following activation of course key
- Access to BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual and 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Printable BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
- * This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
- 2020 BLS Provider Manual (sold seperately)
- BLS Pocket Reference Card (sold seperately)
- Online lessons blended with hands-on skills session
- Part 1 Online:
- Online-based and eLearning
- Takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete (Part 1)
- Parts 2 & 3 (Skills Practice and Testing) with an AHA BLS Instructor:
- Additional time required for skills practice and testing (Parts 2 and 3)
- Course time may vary for online initial provider or renewal course
- Based on 6:1 student: Instructor ratio
- Present your expired American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Card to be considered a renewing provider and pay a reduced price for the course
- We do not accept non-AHA provider cards
- Please sign up for PDRE’s accredited BLS for Healthcare Providers course and receive the most globally recognized AHA provider card
- BLS Provider Manual
- A current 2020 BLS Provider Manual is required to attend the course
- Purchase the 2020 from PDRE for $25 and $20 respectively during online class enrollment or before the start of the course at our facility
- Please bring your book if you own the most up-to-date version
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. HeartCode Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key and classroom-based skills assessment
- HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1) and Skills Tests: $90
- Access Key + Skills Tests Bundle Package
- HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1): $40
- HeartCode® BLS Skills Tests Only: $50
To receive an ACLS course completion card using this program, students must complete three parts:
- Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Online Part 1)
- Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3. The Part 1 certificate of completion allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Part 2*
- A hands-on skills practice session with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system
- BLS for Healthcare Proivders Part 3*
- A skills test with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a VAM system
- HeartCode BLS Parts 2 and 3* should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
- Upon successful online and classroom-based course completion of all three parts, including demonstration of psychomotor skills competency in all learning stations by passing the adult and infant CPR and AED skills test and bag-mask ventilation skills test, students receive an American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) course completion card, valid for two years.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a 90-1404 HeartCode® BLS Part 1Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the ACLS course online at www.onlineaha.org, print out your online course completion certificate, and call our PDRE office to scheduleyour skills tests.
- Please bring a copy of your course completion certificate to our PDRE facility.
- Once you have successfully completed your skills testing, you will receive an American Heart Association (AHA) Provider Card that same day or it will be mailed to you as soon as possible.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com