HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1) And Skills Tests
HeartCode® Basic Life Support (Online Part 1) is a web-based, self-paced instructional program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning.
The American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (Online Part 1) Course is web-based, accessible 24 hours a day, and provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
After completing the cognitive portion of the course, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor or on a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system. Upon successful completion of the cognitive and skills tests, students receive a course completion card.
Skills sessions can be sold separately or, more commonly, with a bundle package.
- This program is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative (non-classroom) method for completing an initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course.
- 14 BLS video lessons and two video tutorials
- Updated science-based content
- Interactive adult, child and infant cases presented through eSimulation technology
- Debriefing and corrective actions provided after each simulation case
- Access to course for 2 years following activation of course key
- Access to BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual and 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Printable BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
- Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
- Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
- Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
- CPR with an advanced airway*
- * This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
- 2020 BLS Provider Manual (sold seperately)
- BLS Pocket Reference Card (sold seperately)
- Online lessons blended with hands-on skills session
- Part 1 Online:
- Online-based and eLearning
- Takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete (Part 1)
- Parts 2 & 3 (Skills Practice and Testing) with an AHA BLS Instructor:
- Additional time required for skills practice and testing (Parts 2 and 3)
- Course time may vary for online initial provider or renewal course
- Based on 6:1 student: Instructor ratio
- Present your expired American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Card to be considered a renewing provider and pay a reduced price for the course
- We do not accept non-AHA provider cards
- Please sign up for PDRE’s accredited BLS for Healthcare Providers course and receive the most globally recognized AHA provider card
- BLS Provider Manual
- A current 2020 BLS Provider Manual is required to attend the course
- Purchase the 2020 from PDRE for $25 and $20 respectively during online class enrollment or before the start of the course at our facility
- Please bring your book if you own the most up-to-date version
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. HeartCode Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key and classroom-based skills assessment
- HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1) and Skills Tests: $90
- Access Key + Skills Tests Bundle Package
- HeartCode® BLS (Online Part 1): $40
- Access Key Only
- HeartCode® BLS Skills Tests Only: $50
- Skills Tests Only
To receive an ACLS course completion card using this program, students must complete three parts:
- Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Online Part 1)
- Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3. The Part 1 certificate of completion allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Part 2*
- A hands-on skills practice session with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system
- BLS for Healthcare Proivders Part 3*
- A skills test with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a VAM system
- HeartCode BLS Parts 2 and 3* should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
- Upon successful online and classroom-based course completion of all three parts, including demonstration of psychomotor skills competency in all learning stations by passing the adult and infant CPR and AED skills test and bag-mask ventilation skills test, students receive an American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) course completion card, valid for two years.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a 90-1404 HeartCode® BLS Part 1Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the ACLS course online at www.onlineaha.org, print out your online course completion certificate, and call our PDRE office to scheduleyour skills tests.
- Please bring a copy of your course completion certificate to our PDRE facility.
- Once you have successfully completed your skills testing, you will receive an American Heart Association (AHA) Provider Card that same day or it will be mailed to you as soon as possible.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.