Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
By Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE)
The Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) from one of our certified and licensed Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE) Staff and Instructors teach areas in nonviolent crisis intervention and workplace violence prevention for healthcare and non-healthcare professionals who must deal with emotionally distraught, disruptive, or violent people.
You will learn CPI techniques including but not limited to the following:
- Center on proactive responses
- De-escalation strategies
- Safely diffusing anxious, defensive, or violent behavior
- Physical intervention if needed
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
It is usually taken by the following:
- K-12 School-Based Behavioral Health Professionals
- Health Care Professionals
- Human Services Professionals
- Service-oriented Professionals
- Security/Corrections/Juvenile Facility Staff
- Other Administrators
- Other School-Based Service-Oriented Professionals
100% classroom training means students are with a PDRE Instructor for their entire learning experience.
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces content proficiency
- Updated and Organizational based content
Course Content and Description:
Your Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) course will enhance your care and safety for everyone in your team and clients to prepare you with the proficiencies, poise, and an applicable structure to carefully manage and prevent challenging behavior. This course prepares you and your staffs in creating a safer workplace; choose the least preventive intervention; comply with statute and governing and accreditation guidelines; and improve safe care and support communication with compassion, consideration and respect.
- CPI provides non-violent crisis intervention instruction intended to explain preeminent exercises for handling challenging circumstances and disorderly actions.
- Our valued learners acquire techniques in how to classify specific vulnerable persons and use nonverbal and verbal practices to neutralize aggressive, confrontational and disruptive conduct; regulate the student’s fear and apprehension in a calamity and evade harm when a disaster turns into physical confrontations; and even show how to react during natural disasters and terrorist attacks.
- CPI also centers on crisis intervention in the workplace that focuses on safety threat and cultivate constructive communication abilities.
- Classroom-based (instructor and didactic conducted throughout)
- Maximum of 40 participants in one classroom-based course
- Course requires approximately the minimum number of hours stated below for an Initial or Renewing Student.
- Initial (first-time/expired) Providers:
- 8 hours
- Duration can last up to and between 1-2 days and 1 week
- Renewing Providers:
- 3-5 hours
- Minimum requirements
You are required to have the current textbook for this course. If you already own one or have access to one before, during, and after the class, you do not need to purchase one during your scheduled course.
- Initial (first-time/expired) Providers: $500
- Renewing Providers: $300
- Register and attend the trainings in their entirety and participate in all required course curriculum exercises.
- Healthy and no prior or current injuries that limit complete participation in the CPI exercises, especially the physical holds for students to fully perform.
- Comfortable and casual attire and shoes.
Course Certification and Duration:
Students who successfully complete the Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Course will receive a The Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) by Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE) Completion Card, valid for one year or 12 months.
- Certification for the Verbal De-escelation
- Certificaiton to use CPI Physical Holds
Course Certification Recognition and Accreditation:
- California Board of Registered Nursing
- California Department of Social Services Administrator Certification Section
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Nursing
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training
- Indiana State Board of Health Facility Administrators
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards
- Michigan Department of Education
- Minnesota Board of Peace Officer Standards and Training
- Missouri Peace Officer Standards and Training Department of Public Safety
- NAADC –Association of Addiction Professionals
- National Association of School Psychologists
- National Association of Social Workers
- New York State Education Department State Board for Social Work
- North Dakota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker Marriage and Family Specialist Board
- Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Bureau of Autism Services
- Texas State Board for Educator Certification
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
- Washington State Board of Education Puget Sound Educational Service District
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Register early because classroom-based courses fill-up quickly
- Enrollment is limited
- Course scheduling is subject to change without notice
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com
Useful Information and Resources:
- Policies, terms, conditions, and prices may be subject to change without prior notice at any time depending on market value and vendor pricing in addition to yearly, seasonal and daily discounts and specials. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education (PDRE) reserves the right to update or modify these policies, terms, conditions and prices.
Sign Up Here: