ECG & Pharmacology
Basic Arrhythmia Recognition Training (BART)
PDRE’s ECG & Pharmacology Course – Basic Arrhythmia Recognition Training (BART) has been updated to reflect the current guidelines required healthcare professionals. This classroom-based, Facilitator-led course is designed to improve electrocardiogram (ECG) recognition skills and pharmacology knowledge for treating cardiovascular and other emergencies.
This course is for healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest, other medical emergencies in the pre-hospital and in-patient clinical settings. This includes personnel in outpatient clinics, emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, monitor technicians, students and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job.
- Basic EKG Interpretation
- Arrhythmia interpretation
- Only course available to focus on this critical knowledge
- Flexible instructional format with two units – ECG and Pharmacology – that be taught together or separately
- Engaging trainings and illustrations
- 12-Lead ECG placements
- Basic electrophysiology
- Normal ECG measurements
- Basic arrhythmias
- Extensive rhythm strip identification
- Responding to abnormal ECG rhythms
- Administration of appropriate drugs within the advanced life support algorithms
- Electrical cardioversion, defibrillation and pacing
- Introduction to EKG
- Conduction System
- P, QRS, T and U Waves
- PR, QRS and QT Intervals
- ST Elevation and Depression
- Bundle Branch Blocks
- Sinus Arrhythmias
- Sinus Bradycardia
- Sinus Tachycardia
- AV Heart Blocks
- Sinus Arrest
- Sick Sinus Syndrome
- Atrial and Junctional
- SVT/Atrial Tachycardia
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Junctional Rhythms
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Idioventricular Rhythm
- Monomorphic V-Tach
- Polymorphic V-Tach
- Torsades de Pointes
- Pulseless Rhythms
- Pulseless V-Tach
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Pulseless Electrical Activity
- ECG & Pharmacology is a classroom-based, Facilitator-led course that includes two modules: ECG and Pharmacology, which may be offered together or separately.
- ECG takes approximately 15 hours to complete; Pharmacology takes about 5 hours to complete. When combined, the estimated course length is 20 hours.
- Other course content will be dedicated to Basic Electrophysiology, Normal ECG Measurements, Basic and Arrhythmias, and Administration of Other Appropriate Drugs Within the ACLS Algorithms.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Register early because classroom-based courses fill-up quickly
- Enrollment is limited
- Course scheduling is subject to change without notice
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com
- Review the ECG basics and pharmacology as a prerequisite to starting a medical profession requiring ECG understanding and basic arrhythmia recognition.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) website: https://www.cci-online.org/
- ACS, CCT, CRAT, RCCS, RCES, RCIS, RCS, RPhS, and RVS
- Supplementary American Heart Association (AHA) Adult Rhythm Online Course (sold separately)
Sign Up Here: