ECG & Pharmacology
Basic Arrhythmia Recognition Training (BART)
PDRE’s ECG & Pharmacology Course – Basic Arrhythmia Recognition Training (BART) has been updated to reflect the current guidelines required healthcare professionals. This classroom-based, Facilitator-led course is designed to improve electrocardiogram (ECG) recognition skills and pharmacology knowledge for treating cardiovascular and other emergencies.
This course is for healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest, other medical emergencies in the pre-hospital and in-patient clinical settings. This includes personnel in outpatient clinics, emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, monitor technicians, students and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job.
- Basic EKG Interpretation
- Arrhythmia interpretation
- Only course available to focus on this critical knowledge
- Flexible instructional format with two units – ECG and Pharmacology – that be taught together or separately
- Engaging trainings and illustrations
- 12-Lead ECG placements
- Basic electrophysiology
- Normal ECG measurements
- Basic arrhythmias
- Extensive rhythm strip identification
- Responding to abnormal ECG rhythms
- Administration of appropriate drugs within the advanced life support algorithms
- Electrical cardioversion, defibrillation and pacing
- Introduction to EKG
- Conduction System
- P, QRS, T and U Waves
- PR, QRS and QT Intervals
- ST Elevation and Depression
- Bundle Branch Blocks
- Sinus Arrhythmias
- Sinus Bradycardia
- Sinus Tachycardia
- AV Heart Blocks
- Sinus Arrest
- Sick Sinus Syndrome
- Atrial and Junctional
- SVT/Atrial Tachycardia
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Junctional Rhythms
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Idioventricular Rhythm
- Monomorphic V-Tach
- Polymorphic V-Tach
- Torsades de Pointes
- Pulseless Rhythms
- Pulseless V-Tach
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Pulseless Electrical Activity
- ECG & Pharmacology is a classroom-based, Facilitator-led course that includes two modules: ECG and Pharmacology, which may be offered together or separately.
- ECG takes approximately 15 hours to complete; Pharmacology takes about 5 hours to complete. When combined, the estimated course length is 20 hours.
- Other course content will be dedicated to Basic Electrophysiology, Normal ECG Measurements, Basic and Arrhythmias, and Administration of Other Appropriate Drugs Within the ACLS Algorithms.
- Changes: January 2014
ECG & Pharmacology Instructor CD Changes (PDF)
[ISBN 978-1-61669-249-0, AHA Product Number 90-1068]
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Register early because classroom-based courses fill-up quickly
- Enrollment is limited
- Course scheduling is subject to change without notice
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com
- Review the ECG basics and pharmacology as a prerequisite to starting a medical profession requiring ECG understanding and basic arrhythmia recognition.
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) website: https://www.cci-online.org/
- ACS, CCT, CRAT, RCCS, RCES, RCIS, RCS, RPhS, and RVS
- Supplementary American Heart Association (AHA) Adult Rhythm Online Course (sold separately)
Sign Up Here:
Our AHA ACLS instructor, Dr. Nuqui, was very knowledgeable, experienced, supportive, and entertaining. Most of all, I really appreciated how well organized and engaging the initial provider course was conducted in a pleasant and comfortable learning environment. Not only was the training site facility brand-new but everything from the student materials, training AEDs, intubation equipment and manikins were up-to-date and in excellent condition.
I was very impressed with how professional and enjoyable my ACLS and PALS renewal classes were at Palm Desert Resuscitation Education! As an emergency medicine registered nurse working at Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs, I wanted to be educated with the most commonly seen cardiac arrhythmias and their treatment but also needed classes that were attention grabbing and fun. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education instructors definitely kept my attention during the lengthy courses by having a balanced sense of humor, pertinent and brilliant instructions, and excellent case scenario discussions.
I highly recommend this training facility as your go-to CPR certification site for your healthcare job because Dr. Nuqui is not only passionate about saving lives but is awesome when it comes to teaching you the proper techniques of resuscitation including compressions, airway management, and defibrillator use. He shares his medical and teaching experiences while making you feel relaxed, stimulated, and well informed with the current AHA guidelines. He taught me exactly what I needed to know to be ready when cardiac arrest happens.
During my Basic Life Support (BLS) class, I was given all of the necessary skills to be confident and not be afraid if ever one of my patients or family members collapses due to a heart condition, such as a heart attack. PDRE’s instructors and staff provide a very friendly, informative, humorous, interesting, and stress-free class that makes me want to personally refer all of my friends and family to do their CPR training at PDRE. Do not hesitate to try the best American Heart Association courses in the Desert Cities!
As an elementary teacher who needed to be responsible for many students, I wanted to learn first aid basics and CPR in case I encounter a time when one of my students may either be choking, bleeding, seizes, faints, breaks a bone, sprains a muscle, becomes allergic, passes out, and experiences other first aid emergencies. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education’s first aid basics and CPR classroom course, which were held in our elementary school, was the perfect out-of-site learning setting to practice first aid basics and CPR for medical and injury emergencies. All of the staff and school employees are truly thankful and now self-assured to be able to provide possible practical first aid basics and CPR to our students, associates, friends or relatives. From my experience, Palm Desert Resuscitation Education quite honestly has the greatest, most efficient and personable instructors teaching top-of-the-line healthcare certification courses.
Dr. Nuqui and his staff were truly amazing when I needed my BLS certification for my personal training business. He was very efficient and thorough with all of the course content and materials including the new guideline changes so that we are all up-to-date when it comes to performing effective CPR and step-by-step use of an AED. It was very easy to listen to him because he is not only a great instructor but is outgoing and personable. He really made the class enjoyable and easy to understand. I would definitely go back here for my BLS recertification.
Being a member of an exclusive golf club in the Palm Springs area, I was surprised by how much I learned in adult CPR and AED use, first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, and environmental emergencies during an exciting and educational course held by Dr. Nuqui and other instructors in our private Club House. You never know when someone needs help, especially when we are out in the golf course, and those minutes before the first responders get to our location can be vital. Thus, those important medical techniques that Dr. Nuqui presented to us clearly could possibly save one of our participant’s lives. I now feel very comfortable that our golf club members were trained the proper way and can respond to almost any medical emergency.