| Classroom-based course
- These are classroom-based or out-of-site “code blue” or “code white” mock testing and evaluation for your medical and clinical team whether it is in the inpatient setting or outpatient setting. These are for novice and/or experienced healthcare providers with a current and unexpired American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and/or American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) course certificate of completion and card who, after successful completion of the testing and evaluation, should be able to do the following with much more confidence:
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult and pediatric patients
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS, stroke, shock cases (hypovolemic, septic, cardiogenic, neurogenic, obstructive, and anaphylactic), compensated and decompensated shock, upper and lower respiratory disease, interstitial lung disease, and respiratory distress/arrest/failure including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
- Define systems of care
- In addition to these important topics in advanced life support, cognitive and psychomotor skills will be learned through small-group teaching, case scenario practice on a manikin as Team Leader and team members (i.e., hands-on learning), and use of large- or small group short video presentations with Instructor-student interaction (i.e., engage students in discussion). After the testing and evaluation is completed by each student, the following will be demonstrated proficiently:
- Systematic approach
- High-quality BLS
- Airway management
- Rhythm recognition
- Intravenous (IV)/intraosseous (IO) access (information only)
- Use of medications
- Transcutaneous pacing
- Team dynamics
- Students will practice the application of these and other skills in simulated cases and will practice both Team Leader and team member roles.
- Please call us to sign up for your classroom-based or out-of-site “code blue” or “code white” mock testing and evaluation for your medical and clinical team!
| Description and Services
- Palm Desert Resuscitation Education LLC (PDRE LLC) provides CPR training manikin and AED trainer rentals for both short-term (less than 5 days) and long-term periods (more than 5 days: 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 6 months, 12 months). These products are perfect for CPR and AED training classes or other healthcare and allied health professional clinical practice and psychomotor skills evaluations.
- As a bonus to our valued and dear guest(s), you will earn $5.00 credit per rental day of manikins, AED trainers, and other healthcare equipment to be utilized towards any future manikin purchase for PDRE LLC’s Rentals.
- Rentals are only available for United States (US) addresses and the renter must have a deposit that will be 100% refundable if the manikins, AED trainers, and other healthcare equipment are given on time and in great condition. A major credit card information is needed for any incidental damages. You are accountable for the purchase of all essential accessories, such as lung bags and insertion tool, face shields, AED training pads, etc. The cost of the rental, deposit and shipping (includes a pre-paid label to send it back to us) are paid up-front. The cost of any pending rental fee for late charges and damages to the returned manikins, AED trainers, and other healthcare equipment will be deducted from the deposit and any remaining value will be refunded once the product is returned and assessed for damage. The shipping cost shown here is only an estimate. Your actually cost may be lower or higher. Please contact us for an exact quote.
- The manikins, AED trainers, and other equipment need to be delivered and post-marked (if applicable) in one of our designated PDRE LLC offices no later than 5:00 pm PST Monday through Sunday.
- Ready to rent? Use our PDRE LLC’s Rental Inquiry Form to contact us for an exact quote and how to move forward with your order. You can also call us directly at 1-760-832-4277 (iCPR) to speak to a customer representative.