Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens (Online)
The AHA’s Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course has been updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This self-directed eLearning course teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials.
This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
How It Works: Students complete a series of online lessons and interactive questions. No skills session is required.
This course is designed for anyone with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens such as:
- Correctional officers
- Childcare workers
- Security guards
- Maintenance workers
- School personnel
- Hotel housekeepers
- Health and fitness club staff
- Tattoo artists
The Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online course teaches students how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
AHA eLearning courses give students the flexibility to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- Provides an alternative to classroom-based course
- Can be completed at work, at home or wherever Internet access is available
- Interactive questions and video segments
- Access to all information in the online portion for 12 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned
- Students can complete at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available
- Can start, stop and return to online modules as needed
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Content is based on the PACT acronym to reinforce critical learning points
- Downloadable Participation Certificate is available
- Certificate of completion available to print
- Offers continuing education (CE) credit
Course Content and Descriptions:
The AHA’s Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course has been updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
AHA’s course uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, “Make a PACT, Know How to Act,” to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.
Students learn how to:
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook (English)
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student eBook (English)
- eLearning (online lessons)
- eLearning – this course takes approximately 1.0 hour to complete
- Course time may vary for initial provider or renewal course
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Provider Manual (Optional)
- A current updated Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Provider Manual is not required to attend the course
- Purchase the updated book from PDRE for during online class enrollment or before the start of the course at our facility
- Please bring your book if you own the most up-to-date version
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key
- Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens (Online): $70
- Skills Tests: $35
- Bundle package ($10 Savings!): $95
- Purchase of both online course Access Key and Skills Tests
- Students can access downloadable Participation Certificate upon course completion.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Course Completion Card that is valid for two years.
- Upon completion of this course, students receive a course completion certificate that can be presented to their employer.
- Tear-out course participation card included on back cover of Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Student Workbook (back cover of eBook version may also be printed)
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give the student a Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the course online at www.onlineaha.org print out your online course completion certificate.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
- Feel free to view our website for more information: https://www.yourcprmd.com
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Online
Continuing Education Accreditation- General Audience
- IACET (General Audience) – January 2, 2017 – January 1, 2020
- The American Heart Association is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). The American Heart Association complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, the American Heart Association is authorized to issue the IACET 0.10 CEU.
The American Heart Association (AHA) strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in AHA ECC Courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the Association.
Policies, terms, conditions, and prices may be subject to change without prior notice at any time depending on market value and vendor pricing in addition to yearly, seasonal and daily discounts and specials. Palm Desert Resuscitation Education (PDRE) reserves the right to update or modify these policies, terms, conditions and prices.
Sign Up Here: