Learn:® Rapid STEMI ID (Online)
The AHA’s Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
Learn:® Rapid STEMI ID (Online) is a self-directed, online course that teaches healthcare professionals to use a 12-lead ECG, interpret electrocardiograms (ECGs) for signs of STEMI (ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery.
This course supports the efforts of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® (a national initiative to improve quality of care and outcomes in heart attack patients by improving healthcare systems’ readiness and response to STEMI patients.
No skills session is required to complete the course; however, students will receive a certificate of completion upon successful completion, and physicians, nurses, and EMS will be eligible to apply for continuing education credits.
- This course is for healthcare professionals who want to improve their STEMI recognition and assessment skills or for healthcare professionals seeking continuing education credits.
This self-directed, online course prepares healthcare professionals to evaluate and assess patients with potential symptoms of myocardial infarction, interpret ECGs for signs of STEMI (ST-elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery.
- Emphasizes immediate recognition and treatment of ACS STEMI
- Defines ACS and distinguishes STEMI from ECG Mimics of STEMI
- Includes self-assessments: Naming the Leads, Regions of the Heart, Measuring ST Deviation,
Correlating Regional Changes
- Contains dynamic ECG Scope to measure ST deviation
- Includes the STEMI Practice Exam and STEMI Completion Exam
- Key changes in science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Understanding STEMI Systems of Care and STEMI recognition
- Basics of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and triage of STEMI patients
- Acquiring high-quality, 12-lead ECGs
- 12-lead findings that mimic STEMI
- Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECGs
- Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
- Includes 12-lead ECGs practice test
- Includes two-part AHA exam
- Practice 12-lead ECG test
- 2-part AHA exam
- Certificate of completion available to print upon successful completion
- Access to course content for one year following activation of course key
- 90-1415 Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Course Key
- Course time may vary for online initial provider or renewal course
- This course has been tested on Windows XP and Mac OSX, with Internet Explorer 8+ or Firefox 2+. Please do not use the Internet Explorer 10 browser with this course. Programs are not supported by Apple Safari.
- Purchase the online access key
- Initial (first-time) Providers: $70
- Renewing Providers: $65
- Completion of this course does not result in an AHA course completion card. However, a certificate of completion is available for the student to print upon successful completion of the course.
- Students may also apply for continuing education credits upon completion.
STEMI Recognized Provider Program:
- The American Heart Association is pleased to offer a special program to pre-hospital care personnel. Upon completion of the Learn:® Rapid STEMI ID course and applying for CE credits, participants can choose to enroll in this program and will receive a FREE enrollment certificate and lapel pin.
Scheduling & Discounts:
- Once the course fee has been received, our staff will give a student a 90-1415 Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Course Key Code through email, phone, or at the facility to be used for online access to activate the course.
- Codes will be emailed as soon as possible or within 48 hours of orders placed between 7:30am to 5:30pm PST Monday through Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5:00 pm PST, then the key code may be emailed Monday morning.
- Upon receipt of your access key code, activate and complete the course online at www.onlineaha.org, and print out your online course completion certificate for your records.
- PDRE offers some desktop and laptop computer access for the course. Limited seating(s) apply.
- Please call us if you have any questions or for discounted group rates and seasonal promotions!
Sign Up Here: